The Washington, D.C. area offers wonderful options for taking children on daytime adventures. Here are some suggestions for fun and often educational places to take kids on outings.
Visit a dairy farm!
Visit a local farm to pick your own produce!
Enjoy high tea!
Catch high-flying acts!
Mini golf and batting cages!
Go back in time!
Kids create and parents relate!
Exhibits and festivals
- Brookside Gardens
Watch the butterflies flutter by at the "Wings of Fancy" live butterfly exhibit or take a lovely walk through a winter wonderland at the "Garden of Lights" winter garden walk.
- Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival
Enjoy our woolly friends!
Children's performances and concerts
- Glen Echo Puppet Theater
- Wolf Trap Children's Theatre-in-the-Woods
- Classika-Synetic Theater
- Imagination Stage
- Smithsonian's Discovery Theater
- Saturday Morning at the National Theatre
- Alden Theater
- BlackRock Center for the Arts
- The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
- Adventure Theater MTC
- Young Artist Theater
To search for more activities to do with children, check WETA's Community Calendar. Also see the Our Kids weekly newsletter and KidFriendly DC.