WETA encourages community dialogue and welcomes you to participate in our blog comments and discussion boards. As directed by our public broadcast mission, WETA strives not only to broadcast top quality educational programs, but to create opportunities to go beyond the broadcast for additional learning and community development.
In addition to reading our complete terms of service, keep these guidelines in mind as you participate in our online discussion boards.
1. Be Respectful
Personal attacks, hateful, racially or ethnically derogatory comments, and harassment against other participants in the community will not be tolerated. You can certainly disagree with another, but be respectful and keep your comments relevant to the topic of conversation.
2. Avoid Nasty Language
Foul, obscene or sexually explicit language or other content that a reasonable person would find objectionable is not permitted.
3. Don't Spam
Advertisements, solicitations or promotions will not be allowed.
4. Use Your Own Words
The distribution of intellectual property not belonging to you is not permitted. Another way of saying it: speak your mind, but use your own words to do so.
5. Make Yourself at Home
Remember, this is your community. Don't be shy to chime in and interact with your fellow WETA fans. Feel free to express yourself, ask questions and mix it up.
Discussion and Comment Guidelines
There are a few guidelines we enforce to ensure exchanges that are informative, respectful of diverse viewpoints, and lawful. Contributions to the discussion boards will be posted automatically. Blog comments are moderated and are reviewed by a WETA editor. WETA may choose not to post or to remove the comment if it does not meet our comment guidelines. WETA does not assume any liability for content posted by others. WETA reserves the right to delete any message under circumstances that, in WETA's judgment, are inappropriate, unlawful or otherwise detrimental to the community dialogue, such as the following:
- Personal attacks, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or derogatory content, and harassment or threats against other participants of the discussion board, in the blog comments area or featured speakers on the site will not be tolerated. This includes libel or unsubstantiated accusations against another.
- Foul, obscene or sexually explicit language, and other content that a reasonable person would find objectionable will not be permitted.
- The distribution of intellectual property not belonging to you is not permitted. You must have the legal right to upload or download any content you upload to or download from the discussion board and/or blog comments. By posting material on the discussion board and/or blog comments you represent that you have the legal right to reproduce, adapt, perform, display and distribute such content to others. Much of the information available on the Internet is protected by the copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights of others. Do not upload or download any information unless you are certain that you have the legal right to do so.
- No advertisement, solicitation or promotion will be allowed.
- Illegal behavior of any kind will not be tolerated.
Please also note:
- WETA provides these discussion boards and blog comments to facilitate the free exchange of information. WETA cannot assure the truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of information posted on the discussion boards.
- Private email or contact information should not be posted in discussion boxes.
- Duplicate postings or messages in the wrong discussion box or blog comments (i.e. mismatched to the topic for that page) will be deleted or moved.
- Any comments you wish to send directly to WETA (without posting) can be emailed directly to the department or program of your choice as listed on our Contact Us page. If you have reason to believe that any use of the discussion board is unlawful or contrary to the guidelines set forth above, please notify us immediately.
- By posting messages on WETA's discussion boards and/or blog comments, you expressly grant WETA and its affiliates the right to reproduce, adapt, perform, display, and distribute any such message in any form worldwide, in perpetuity. Credit will be given to you if you give your legal name, and indicate that you are doing so.
- By submitting content, including messages on WETA's discussion boards and blog comments, you further agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless WETA, its affiliates, and its officers, employees and directors from and against all liabilities, claims and expenses arising from or relating to your posting of material on WETA's discussion boards and/or blog comments (including any claim that WETA's or its affiliate's use of such content infringes the copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights of any third party) or your use of material posted on WETA's discussion boards and/or blog comments.
- You may choose the name by which you will be identified on screen. We discourage you from posting an email address as your name. We encourage you to use your legal name (first and/or last). If you choose not to use your own name, you may not use any name that intentionally impersonates another or violates another's intellectual property rights. Any name deemed offensive by WETA will be deleted.
- As the Internet and our discussion boards evolve, it may be necessary to change these guidelines. WETA reserves the right to changes these guidelines at any time in its sole discretion. The current guidelines will be available to you online.