WETA is committed to using the power of media in all its forms to offer information, resources and opportunities for people to connect.
Our audience is unique and expansive. We believe public broadcasting is a public service, and while our mission hasn't changed, the ways to connect with us continue to grow. Here's how to connect with us and many of our properties on social meida.
TV & Radio
- WETA on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram
- Classical WETA on Twitter
- WETA Around Town on Facebook and Twitter
- Reading Rockets on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- LD Online on Facebook and Twitter
- AdLit.org on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Colorin Colorado on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Brainline.org on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
WETA National Productions
- Ken Burns programs on Facebook and Twitter
- PBS Newshour on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Washington Week on Facebook and Twitter.
Bloggers for WETA offer their thoughts on a variety of topics and invite your comments! The following blogs are available from WETA's various initiatives.
- Telly Visions: Telly Visions is a British television and culture blog. Stop by for all the latest news on your favorite British dramas, mysteries and comedies - along with episode recaps, programming information and a bit of silly fun.
- Boundary Stones: Boundary Stones is a blog about local history in Washington, D.C., suburban Maryland and northern Virginia that looks to uncover interesting stories that have shaped or impacted our community over the years.
- Paige by Page: Reading Rockets' children's literature expert, Maria Salvadore, explores the best ways to use kids' books both inside - and outside - the classroom.
- Sound It Out: Each week, Joanne Meier shares her experiences raising her own young readers, and guides parents and teachers on the best practices in reading.
Take WETA video and audiio with you! Podcasts are downloadable files that can be delivered automatically to your computer and then transferred to a mobile or portable device. Learn more by clicking the links below:
General Audience Podcasts
- Conozca al Autor Podcast
- Dadcast Podcast
- Meet the Author Podcast (AdLit.org)
- Meet the Author Podcast (ReadingRockets.org)
- Meet the Experts Podcast
WETA's Learning Media department offers an on-going series of webcasts for teacher professional development. Each webcast is available on-demand for viewing online and features a 45 - or 60-minute video program plus the presenters' PowerPoint slides.