For many years producers from the Washington, DC area and around the world have chosen WETA's studios to create television programs for: domestic and international networks; government; commercial syndication; private networks, corporations and universities.
In addition to both live and taped broadcast productions, WETA's TV studios have produced hundreds of videoconferences and webcasts for clients of every type.
For all of your network-quality television production needs, contact WETA's Television Studios at 703-998-2054 or contact us via email.
**PLEASE NOTE: For information about WETA-TV programs, channels and signals, please contact our Audience Services department at 703-998-2600 or via email.
Tour WETA's television studios
WETA offers a full service, state-of-the-art television studio less than 5 miles outside of Washington, D.C.
About WETA's television studios and control rooms
- Fully equipped HD television broadcast studios and control rooms
- Two state of the art production Control Rooms with the latest in High Definition technology.
- Identical Sony MVS8000A 4 ME switchers control up to six Sony HDC1000LW HD studio Cameras.
- Audio is handled by SSL sound consoles and the monitor walls are fed by Miranda and Evertz multi-output display processors.
- Production tape includes Sony Beta SX, Digital Beta, HD XDCAM, HD-CAM and a six channel XT HD EVS digital recorder.
- The router system is a Grass Valley HD router with embedded audio.
- Custom set and lighting design
- Live and ENG Production coverage from Capitol Hill, the White House and other Washington, D.C. locations
- Fulltime Veteran Broadcast Production Crews
- Digital audio recording and editing studios
Located off Interstate 395 in Arlington, Virginia, WETA's Television Studios are conveniently situated just minutes away from the heart of
Washington, DC and with easy access to the Pentagon, White House and U.S. Capitol building.
Northern Virginia's high-tech corridor lies just 45 minutes west and businesses in suburban Maryland are our geographic neighbors.
WETA's prime location gives local and out-of-town clients multiple transportation choices. WETA is within driving distance of three major airports (Reagan National Airport, Dulles International Airport and Baltimore/Washington International Airport) and a train station served by Amtrak (Washington's Union Station). Across the street in Shirlington Village is an enclave of restaurant and shopping options. WETA also offers ample free parking in security-assisted areas.
WETA Television Studios
3620 S. 27th Street
Arlington, VA 22206
See map »
Founded fifty years ago, WETA has earned a reputation for keeping the nation informed about ongoing developments in Washington and around the world. Programs developed and produced by WETA are at the core of the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) the American people have come to depend on.
With national broadcasts produced at WETA’s studios like The PBS NewsHour and Washington Week with Gwen Ifill, WETA is the flagship public broadcaster in the nation’s capital, and the third-largest producing station in the public television system.
WETA-TV was one of the first stations in the country to broadcast high definition in 1999, and four-channel multicast digital broadcasts in 2002. In 2008, WETA’s TV Studios began offering high definition live and taped broadcast productions from two state of the art control rooms.