This year, WETA Kids encouraged children in grades K-3 throughout the Washington Metropolitan area to write an original story, poem or piece of non-fiction and enter the 2019 WETA Kids Writers Contest. Thank you to all who submitted contest entries to WETA Kids. We are thrilled to see how many creative young people entered and we celebrate your efforts. Please keep writing and illustrating!
We are delighted to congratulate our WETA Kids prize winners for this year. To see the winning stories, click on the stories below.
- FIRST PLACE: Ellie N. from Bowie, MD – The Leprechaun and the Rainbow
- SECOND PLACE: Irena B. from Washington, DC – Oh No Moon Stone!
- THIRD PLACE: Rebecca S. from Alexandria, VA – Dinosaur Adventure on Mars
- FIRST PLACE: Ethan G. from Alexandria, VA – Mantises Love Spaghetti
- SECOND PLACE: Hayden W. from Arlington, VA – Air Pollution, Water Pollution
- THIRD PLACE: James P. from McLean, VA – Red Raspberry Rain
- FIRST PLACE: Eadlin S. from Annapolis, MD – The Foxes and the Stars
- SECOND PLACE: Rishi D. from Brambleton, VA – The Day Spider Became a Friend
- THIRD PLACE: Asher S. from McLean, VA – Magic Tea