Virginia public media stations will broadcast teacher-led classroom instruction aligned with the commonwealth’s academic standards into homes across the state beginning on Monday, April 13, 2020 through Friday, June 19, 2020. Blue Ridge PBS, VPM, WETA and WHRO Public Media worked closely with the Virginia Department of Education to create VA TV Classroom to provide instruction to students in grades K-10 who are unable to access other distance learning options due to a lack of high-speed internet.
The VA TV Classroom on-air schedule is as follows:
- K-3 instruction airs from 1-2 p.m. with Standards of Learning-aligned content provided by WHRO Public Media. “Learn to Grow with WHRO” segments will be 15 minutes in length and led by teachers.
- Grades 7-10 instruction airs from 2-3 p.m. with SOL-aligned content provided by WHRO Public Media focusing on Earth Science and Algebra 1.
- Grades 4-7 instruction airs from 3-4 p.m. "Continue to Learn with WHRO" offers instruction in language arts, math, science, and more.
Download TV Schedules
Where to Watch
VA TV Classroom can be seen throughout the commonwealth on the following channels:
- WETA – WETA PBS Kids: via antenna 26.3, Comcast 266, Cox 801, Verizon FiOS 472 and RCN 38
- WHRO – WHRO World: via antenna 15.2, Cox 107 and Verizon FiOS 460
- VPM – VPM Plus Richmond area: via antenna 57.1, Verizon FiOS 24 and 524 (HD), Comcast 24 & 797 (HD), DIRECTV 57, DISH 57 and 9392 (HD) Charlottesville area: via antenna 41.2, Comcast 265 (HD) and 1146 (HD) Shenandoah Valley: via antenna 51.2, Comcast 9, 798 (HD) and 1042 (HD)
- Blue Ridge PBS – SWVAPTV: via antenna 15.2, streaming services Blue Ridge Streaming and Project Southwest on YouTube, Citizens Cable 82, Cox 107, Comcast/Xfinity 264 and Lumos 17 (Shentel, Bedford, Covington, Glade Hill, Radford, Rocky Mount, Rustburg and Wytheville: 157)
WHRO is also providing a livestream of the Grade 7-10 instruction from 2-3 p.m., and the Grade 4-7 instruction from 3-4 p.m.