Senior Manager, Infrastructure and Security Management Operations
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
We’re looking to hire a Senior Manager, Infrastructure and Security Management Operations for our Information Technology. This Senior Manager is responsible for all aspects of WETA’s computing environment. This role will provide architecture, planning, design, risk mitigation, security oversight over all WETA information systems architecture, as well as working to implement these technologies in strong coordination with other team members, both within IT, NewsHour Productions, Television, and Radio divisions at WETA.
This is an operational position at WETA and requires a “hands-on” approach with a very wide range of complex computing systems expertise. As a 24x7 broadcast critical environment this position may require coverage for weekend, evening and rotational coverage.
In an average week, you can expect to:
- Plan and implement network security, and work with WETA’s security partners to continually reduce the threat landscape as well as meeting business objectives.
- Guide and implement policy surrounding file permissions, backup and disaster recovery plans, file system integrity, and the onboarding and offboarding process with WETA users.
- Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Analyze utilization patterns and their effect on operation/system availability and performance expectations. Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability.
- Management of cyber insurance policy and security assessment duties as needed.
- Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Support Help Desk team with senior level escalation responsibilities when needed, including any system within the WETA technology environment.
- Manage Patch Management and Vulnerability mitigation planning and strategies.
- Perform and/or oversee software installation and upgrades. Perform related special projects or other duties as assigned.
- As a 24x7 broadcast critical environment this position may require coverage for weekend, evening and rotational coverage.
What success looks like:
- After 60 days, you will be providing architecture, planning, design, risk mitigation and security oversight for all WETA information systems architecture. You may be providing 24x7 coverage as needed.
- After 120 days, you will additionally be working to implement technologies in strong coordination with other team members, both within IT, NewsHour Productions, Television, and Radio divisions at WETA.
You must have:
- Knowledge of current security frameworks and risk mitigation strategies.
- Proven experience in managing large computing environments with an eye towards business needs while promoting and enhancing security and operational excellence needs.
- Knowledge of computer networking systems and languages to include UNIX, Microsoft or similar computer networks. Knowledge of computing and network hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operational problems.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field is a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in networking and security management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the components necessary to configure and maintain a complex computing infrastructure located in multiple locations.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate new and existing technologies and implement technology solutions.
- Professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Proof of full dosage of a COVID-19 vaccination is required for all positions that will be working onsite, or may reasonably or occasionally be called to work onsite.
Founded in 1961, WETA is Washington, DC’s leading public broadcasting station. As a PBS and NPR member, we not only serve the DC metro area with our local programming and classical radio station, but also the nation with Washington Week, PBS NewsHour, and our partnerships with Ken Burns and Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
Our staff comes from very diverse backgrounds, but we all have one thing in common; we believe in our mission and the service we provide to the public.
We know there are great candidates who may have skills we haven’t thought about. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We also encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans and people with disabilities.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.