Manager, Infrastructure / Security Administration
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
We’re looking to hire a Manager, Infrastructure / Security Administration for our Information Technology department. This role will be responsible for the day to day upkeep, development, patching and operational excellence across the WETA infrastructure. This important role ensures efficient operational services, manages uptime across core services and keeps systems up to date within the security framework at WETA. This position is responsible for the network infrastructure, switching, firewalls, vpn services, anti malware, anti virus, servers, backups and restore testing, Office365 including Teams, Active Directory and within the IT team and reports to the CTO. As a 24x7 broadcast critical environment this position may require coverage for weekend, evening and rotational coverage.
In an average week, you can expect to:
- Manage network uptime, operation efficiency and security of the network elements within WETA.
- Manage security components like endpoints, anti-malware and phishing services to optimal levels.
- Manage communications applications like Office365 including account reviews, system troubleshooting, enhancements and other needs as they arise.
- Manage Active Directory and connected applications like VPN or other interfaced systems.
- Act as an escalation point for the Help Desk team when issues involve the network, communications, email and other infrastructure areas as necessary.
What success looks like:
- After 60 days, you will be managing daily upkeep, development, patching and operational excellence across the WETA infrastructure. You will additionally be managing the network infrastructure, switching, firewalls, vpn services, anti-malware, anti-virus, servers, backups and restore testing, Office365 including Teams, Active Directory. You may be providing 24x7 coverage as needed.
- After 120 days, you will be working closely with cross functional teams on technology to ensure vital technology stakeholders are supported during operational issues. Additionally, you may be providing implementation project support for new initiatives. You may be providing 24x7 coverage as needed.
You must have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of network, security, and core application services within fast paced media environments.
- In depth understanding of Active Directory and Azure systems, Microsoft server technologies.
- Understanding of security frameworks, patching and maintenance routines, and upkeep and life cycle of systems as a continual exercise.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully perform in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities and deadline pressures.
- Willingness to be on call 24/7 to trouble-shoot technical issues.
You should have:
- College degree in Information Technology or related field is a plus. IT certifications are a plus.
- 5 to 7 years related experience.
- Or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Proof of full dosage of a COVID-19 vaccination is required for all positions that will be working onsite, or may reasonably or occasionally be called to work onsite.
Founded in 1961, WETA is Washington, DC’s leading public broadcasting station. As a PBS and NPR member, we not only serve the DC metro area with our local programming and classical radio station, but also the nation with Washington Week, PBS NewsHour, and our partnerships with Ken Burns and Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
Our staff comes from very diverse backgrounds, but we all have one thing in common; we believe in our mission and the service we provide to the public.
We know there are great candidates who may have skills we haven’t thought about. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We also encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans and people with disabilities.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.