Title: Database and Membership Coordinator
Status : Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Senior Director, Data Strategy & Management
The Database and Membership Coordinator will generate and process database queries, develop reports, update key metrics, and conduct other tasks in support of the Data Strategy & Management team. Additionally, the Coordinator will manage Membership Marketing & Development Services (MMDS) department activities and provide basic administrative support to the MMDS department. This position reports to Senior Director, Data Strategy & Management.
- Key Data Strategy and Management Team Responsibilities (80% of time):
- Conduct scheduled and ad-hoc database queries and exports from various Membership databases (including ROI Revolution CRM and Engaging Networks) and other data sources.
- Assist with the development of new reporting and business intelligence tools using Google Analytics, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power BI.
- Collaborate with the DSM team to develop strategies for managing and resolving data anomalies.
- Manage and execute file import processes for member contacts and marketing source codes.
- Assist the Data Strategy and Management Team with creating clear and concise technical specifications for database usage.
- Manage the development and tracking of departmental budget and ongoing financial analysis (20% of time).
- Assist with annual budgeting process for department including preparation of templates and careful review of all team budgets submitted.
- Track monthly revenue and expenses, reconcile monthly ledger reports between WETA financial reports and ROI Revolution CRM reports.
- Conduct ad hoc financial analyses.
Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of general office procedures.
- Demonstrated intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel functions and usage.
- Understanding of Microsoft DAX or Power Query functions and usage.
- Understanding of CRM relational database systems, experience in fundraising software or operations and/or SQL are all pluses.
- Excellent people skills, including strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with careful diligence needed.
- Strong understanding and application of computer technology to efficiently accomplish work using Microsoft Office programs. Ability to work independently and in a team environment, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and be able to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to exhibit sound judgment and oversee confidential matters with discretion and tact.
- Occasional availability and ability to work irregular work hours as needed.
- Interest in public broadcasting and the non-profit sector is a plus.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- College degree in Finance, Business, Information Technology, Marketing, Communications, other Liberal Arts or a related field.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience, preferably in an office environment. Fundraising or nonprofit experience desirable.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
WETA and NewsHour Productions are Washington, DC established media and news organizations. We are a largely local workforce based out of the Campbell Place office in Arlington, VA. WETA and NewsHour Productions value employee flexibility when possible. Most positions based in our Arlington, VA office will be onsite or hybrid, depending upon the role.
WETA and its subsidiary NewsHour Productions LLC serve local and national public media audiences by producing and distributing content of intellectual integrity and cultural merit. Through broadcast, digital and community services, the organization offers compelling, diverse programming on five television channels, including primary channel WETA PBS, and on WETA Classical, the exclusive home for classical music in the nation’s capital; produces a portfolio of national television productions, including PBS NewsHour, recognized globally for bringing balanced, in-depth news coverage to all Americans; creates impactful documentaries with longtime production partners Ken Burns and Prof. Henry Louis Gates, Jr.; features a variety of content offerings on weta.org, WETA Passport, the PBS Video App and the WETA Classical App; and serves communities near and far with education and engagement initiatives that contribute to the company’s mission of public service.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WETA/NewsHour Productions is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. Fostering a culture of mutual respect is a top priority and something we take very seriously.
Employment at WETA/NewsHour Productions is based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, age, ethnicity or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sex (including pregnancy), physical, mental or sensory ability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. We are also committed to demonstrating fair and equitable systems, practices, and processes related to how we recruit, develop, retain, promote, reward, compensate, and terminate talent.
We know that Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is fundamental to the success of our business and our people, and we will continue to recognize it as part of our guiding principles.