Associate Producer, Creative Services
Reports to: Senior Director, Production & Creative Services
We’re looking to a hire an Associate Producer, Creative Services for our Local Television team. In this role, you’ll assist with production, information management, and delivery of on-air break elements for WETA’s growing family of broadcast and livestreaming channels.
In an average week, you can expect to:
- Create original promotions.
- Own and maintain our on-air break materials.
- Supervise daily edit sessions with staff editors, customizing promos with local branding for broadcast.
- Manage, locate, and download all promotion materials.
What success looks like:
- After 60 days, you’ll have fluency with using our broadcast management system (ProTrack) and be comfortable working with editors to customize on-air break elements.
- After 120 days, you’ll confidently oversee the accurate production of break elements in a timely fashion, and propose ideas for improving on-air promotion.
You must have:
- Familiarity with non-linear editing software, such as Avid or Adobe Premiere.
- Ability to work well with others, including people outside the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience successfully working independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple deadlines.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, information management or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in television production and postproduction.
Proof of full dosage of a COVID-19 vaccination is required for all positions that will be working onsite, or may reasonably or occasionally be called to work onsite.
Founded in 1961, WETA is Washington, DC’s leading public broadcasting station. As a PBS and NPR member, we not only serve the DC metro area with our local programming and classical radio station, but also the nation with Washington Week, PBS NewsHour, and our partnerships with Ken Burns and Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
Our staff comes from very diverse backgrounds, but we all have one thing in common; we believe in our mission and the service we provide to the public.
We know there are great candidates who may have skills we haven’t thought about. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We also encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans and people with disabilities.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.