Associate, Direct Response Fundraising
Reports to: Sr Director, Direct Response Fundraising
We’re looking to hire an Associate, Direct Response Fundraising for our Membership department. In this role you will coordinate daily functions for implementation of WETA’s direct response fundraising strategies. Ensure implementation of departmental strategic fundraising initiatives and reports to our Senior Director, Direct Response Fundraising.
In an average week, you can expect to:
- Coordinate communication between vendors and internal staff to implement strategies for new, current and lapsed WETA donors, including both sustainers and annual donors.
- Administer processes to support execution of successful mail campaigns, including timely delivery of campaign creative, production and data needs.
- Provide data management for the monthly WETA Program Guide, coordinating with the Communications department.
- Implement all promotional activities for WETA’s vehicle donation program, including via mail, digital and on-air spots.
What success looks like:
- After 60 days, you’ll understand our workflows and be familiar with the mail fundraising calendar and invoice management system. You will have undergone intensive training.
- After 120 days, you will have immersed yourself in our day-to-day mail production cycle, including routine coordination with our direct mail vendor; provide invoice management support independently; provide data management for the WETA magazine; and have familiarized yourself with the vehicle donation program. You will have a comprehensive understanding of the mail fundraising calendar.
You must have:
- Excellent organizational, project planning, presentation and time management skills with careful attention to detail.
- Knowledge of and proven ability to concurrently execute multiple direct response fundraising program efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to generate, interpret and act upon analytical reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrable ability to interact with a wide variety of people using diplomacy, tact and discretion.
You should have:
- College degree in related field.
- Minimum two years of progressively responsible experience in direct response fundraising, membership marketing or related field.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Proof of full dosage of a COVID-19 vaccination is required for all positions that will be working onsite, or may reasonably or occasionally be called to work onsite.
Founded in 1961, WETA is Washington, DC’s leading public broadcasting station. As a PBS and NPR member, we not only serve the DC metro area with our local programming and classical radio station, but also the nation with Washington Week, PBS NewsHour, and our partnerships with Ken Burns and Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
Our staff comes from very diverse backgrounds, but we all have one thing in common; we believe in our mission and the service we provide to the public.
We know there are great candidates who may have skills we haven’t thought about. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We also encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans and people with disabilities.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.