Reports to: Accounting Supervisor
We’re looking to hire an Accounting Technician for our Finance Department. In this role, you’ll process accounts payable and keep accurate records of these transactions, provide vendor follow up, and general finance support.
In an average week, you can expect to:
- Review and approve Concur payment requests.
- Audit employee expense reports.
- Work closely with other departments, maintaining a positive customer experience throughout the process to meet deadlines.
- Respond to minor vendor and in-house questions regarding the status of payables.
What success looks like:
- After 60 days, you will know the payment cycle, document flow and team member contribution to the process.
- After 120 days, you will understand internal customer needs and requests, fulfil their needs to pay vendors in a timely manner and assist in the monthly close process.
You must have:
- Basic knowledge of accounting procedures.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Careful attention to detail.
You should have:
- College degree; minimum two years’ experience in an accounting/finance environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with accounting software systems, such as Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, or comparable package, strongly preferred.
Founded in 1961, WETA is Washington, DC’s leading public broadcasting station. As a PBS and NPR member, we not only serve the DC metro area with our local programming and classical radio station, but also the nation with Washington Week, PBS NewsHour, and our partnerships with Ken Burns and Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
Our staff comes from very diverse backgrounds, but we all have one thing in common; we believe in our mission and the service we provide to the public.
We know there are great candidates who may have skills we haven’t thought about. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We also encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans and people with disabilities.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.